Welcome. Are you ready to reduce your suffering, improve your mental health and satisfaction with life, and live a richer, more meaningful, purposeful and enjoyable life? Do you want to work with people who really care?
We (Simon Turmanis, Dr Robert Fullerton, Alexandra Herzfeldt, Georgia MacNevin, Clancy Rowe, Jan Skov, Jacob de Wet, & Kristine Koh) are experienced, professional, warm, caring, open, supportive, enthusiastic, encouraging, compassionate & dedicated to helping you make the changes necessary. All of our team embrace these values to help you.
- Simon & Jan each have over 16 years experience. Clancy has over 14 years experience. Robby has over 11 years experience. Alexandra, Jacob, Georgia & Kristine each have 4-6 years experience working with adults, adolescents, and children with various Client Issues.
- The specific Clinical Training, Experience, + Ongoing Professional Development we have undertaken mean we can provide you with the most up-to-date, scientifically validated psychological treatments.
- To bring about the best possible treatment outcomes for you, we will carefully assess your individual issues and goals of therapy and flexibly apply psychological treatments.
- We Individually tailor evidence-based treatments: Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Compassion Focused Therapy (CFT), Dialectic-Behavioural Therapy (DBT), Motivational Interviewing, Trauma Focussed CBT, EMDR, Psychodynamic Therapy & Schema Therapy.
- If you become one of our clients, we will naturally care a lot about you, your health, well being & your unique ways you suffer or struggle to cope. We will care about how satisfied you are with your life & the different areas of your life that really matter to you. We feel strongly about suffering & will want to help you reduce your suffering.
- We understand the importance of engaging you with warmth & compassion from the moment we say hello to you in the waiting room of our practice & the importance of working collaboratively with you to help you change your life for the better.
- We strongly believe in the strength and ability within you, to change your life, and manage your issues more effectively. As experts on mental health and change, we respect you as the expert of your life. Thus, we will help you to work towards what is important, meaningful and purposeful for you, to better meet your psychological needs.
- To facilitate positive change, we help you develop greater self awareness, the necessary psychological skills & strategies to better manage & cope with difficult thoughts and feelings. We also help you reconnect with your values (how you want to be as a person, what matters to you, what is meaningful, purposeful and valuable to you) and help you commit to take action in line with your values.
- We consistently track and measure your progress in therapy through a number of measures including the Depression Anxiety Stress Scale (DASS21), the Satisfaction With Life Scale (SWLS), the Service Evaluation and Goals of Therapy you initially set, to help you stay on track in improving your mental health, well being, satisfaction with life and achieving your goals of therapy.
Our Treatment Outcome, Goal Achievement & Therapy Effectiveness Data from a sample of 475 clients who attended 12 sessions on average between 2005 and 2019 reveal:
- 83-87% of Clients reduced their symptoms of Depression, Anxiety & Stress as measured by the DASS
- 73% improved their Satisfaction With Life as measured by the Satisfaction with Life Scale (SWLS)
- All Clients Achieved “Some” Goals of Therapy, 80% Achieved “Most” Goals, 40% Achieved “All” Goals
- 61% of Clients rated therapy as”Extremely Effective”, 34% “Moderately Effective”, 5% “A Little Effective”, 0% rated “No Effect”.
- We understand the importance of you attending consistent sessions over the required duration of therapy to ensure you achieve the best treatment outcomes. In Australia and the US clients attend just 5.5 sessions of therapy on average. Research suggests: 13-18 sessions of psychological therapy is needed for 50% of clients to improve significantly, and maintain long term change in behaviours and issues. With the remaining 50% of clients needing 20 – 70+ sessions. Currently, at our Practice, patients attend 12.6 sessions on average with our psychologists; and, we are focussed on increasing this number.
- Thus, We focus on retaining our clients in therapy for the required duration of consistent sessions to help you achieve the best treatment outcomes + prevent you relapsing into previous poorer mental health. This means less of our clients choose to cease therapy before obtaining genuine, longer lasting benefits.
- We will work hard to help you if you decide to work with us to provide exceptional customer service and client satisfaction.
- We work as a team, collaboratively, helping and supporting each other to do our best work with you. As part of best practice, all of our new referrals are presented to the clinical director, Principal Psychologist and other Psychologists in the team to ensure you are being seen by the best possible fit (therapist). We also Supervise and help each other in each others work to ensure we are providing the best possible care and treatment approach with you.
The overwhelming research evidence indicating the effectiveness of psychological therapy for a variety of emotional & psychological difficulties is accepted and has been used by many. Will you put your needs first, as over 3500 individual people have done with us since 2005, and realise the benefits of our psychological help and services? See our Client Satisfaction and Treatment Outcome Data we have collected from 475 clients of the service to help you decide. For further information or any enquiries, please contact us.
Want to check us out doing therapy and learn new Psychological skills for free? Click here to watch our psychologists deliver your free e-learning videos on understanding and managing Distressing Thoughts & Feelings, Trauma, Anxiety, Depression, Stress, Social Anxiety, Mindfulness, Compassion, Perfectionism, Procrastination/Avoidance, Suicidal risk, Shame, Guilt, Anger. Learn and apply new psychological skills like mindfulness, therapeutic tools & resources to help reduce your suffering, improve your mental health, wellbeing & satisfaction with life.